2013年8月2日 星期五

Life Abstract

In this afternoon, I was editing the deadly explosion happened in western Syria city of Homs. When I was watching the violent scenes from a not-so-far-away place, where her people live in a such dangerous atmosphere...I felt bad. But what makes it even worse was the fact that I acted like a...zombie. Like watching the gun flight as computer games, I was very technically-minded, sitting in front of computer, caring about the UPSOUND, SOUNDBITE AND FRAMES of those scenes.

Yes, I understand, as a TV editor/reporter, you don't really get much time to digest the content of breaking news. My daily routine is: pick up news from Reuters> watch the video they provide> translate the news into Chinese> Mandarin voice over>Edit the video news> Check by my boss> FINISH. Hmmm to be short, the main point is picking up best shoots and send those summarized and  "fun" frames to audiences. I know it, I know my duties, but I am still confused, i.e. what should I do to be productive and useful on earth? (IS THIS MEAN I'M NOT QUALIFIED AS A NEWS EDITOR?!)

Anyway, the sad feeling this afternoon is the instant reflection I've in mind, when my friend asked me about my new job. I guess the question emerges quite frequently when I work, but of course, don't tell my boss, because I can confidently tell you I can finish my tasks despite of those "meaningless work reflection". Sigh If I tell other reporters, most of them may take this as a joke and say "you're thinking too much". Okay, let it be, let it be, there will be an answer. Whisper words of wisdom...

And I work from 5am to 2pm now. It's not something I could have imagined before, this is the only answer I can say when my friends are all surprised about it, as they know I never burnt any midnight oil even when I was in colleges. Yes, I am someone who can't do anything when I don't get enough sleep. But, sleeping earlier can have better skin...

What I am thinking is, instead of falling asleep after 2, how to make my "free" afternoons more meaningful, please drop me a message when you have good ideas!


沒有留言:

張貼留言